Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is it legal to display a slogan on the bottom of your numberplate?

I would just simply like my hometown and slogan displayed on the bottom of my vehicle registration plate. Is this acceptable?|||It's not legal I'm afraid. The only thing that can (and has to be) at the bottom of a new numberplate is the name and postcode of the company that made the numberplate.|||Well where are you from? UK or US? I don't think it's legal to do it in the UK but I don't know about the US.|||I am afraid it is illegal to have a slogan on the numberplate.


In the UK all plates must conform to the Road Traffic Act and be in line with the DVLA legislation.


The only additions other than the letters and numbers (which must be of a certain type and size) is the countries emblem, For the UK this could be the Union Flag or the flag of either Scotland, England Wales, NI or the EU Symbol.


The makers name must also be shown along the bottom of the plate.|||No it is not|||It is illegal to display a slogan on the actual plate.


However, it is possible to have a backing-plate that is oversized, allowing space for a slogan below the actual number plate - many car dealers fit these to display their brand logos, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment